Saturday, November 5, 2011

Terrible movie

I watched "The Last Templar" last night. Not because I wanted to see it, but because I was bored and didn't feel like actually going and renting anything or searching Netflix. It was on T.V. so I watched it, commercials and all. It didn't start well, but over the course of two hours it actually picked up speed and I found myself mildly engaged with the plot and characters. Then it started to get good and I found myself wondering what they would find at the end of their quest. Finally they figured out where the treasure was (although they didn't know WHAT the treasure was), they got on a plane to head for Turkey to discover this treasure, unknown to them, the killer who had been stalking them the entire movie got on the plane with them, and then the credits rolled. I kid you not. It ended.
I wonder about my life sometimes. I had a slow start. I wondered if I'd ever make much of myself and at times if I'd even survive the current scene I was in. Over time, however, I picked up speed, got a degree, made some music, and started to think that perhaps I was going to be O.K. Now I'm working on a PhD, I'm the Worship and Arts pastor at a great church in a beautiful city in B.C., and I'm wondering what will happen next. I'm excited to see how my life turns out.
I don't want the credits to roll. Not yet. Unless, of course, we're talking about "the final credits". Then I'm all in, because, I know how this movie ends. I know what the big prize is. I know what I'll discover on the other side. This entire life will seem like a terrible movie. I can't wait for those credits. In the mean time, I'm excited to be part of the next scene in this movie. I hope you are excited to be part of your own movie too. More importantly I hope you are part of the bigger movie.