Wednesday, June 13, 2012

when you forget your wife's phone number

I left my phone in the car today. My wife has her phone with her so I thought I'd just call her and tell her to bring my phone to the office on her way back home. I tried to call my phone but she didn't answer it, so probably didn't hear it. I picked up the office phone to call her cell and suddenly realized I don't know her cell phone number. The beauty of a cell phone is that you don't have to remember numbers, they are just programmed in and you punch up the person's name and dial and never learn the number. This is great - until you have moments like the one I am currently experiencing. What is the proper etiquette in this circumstance? Do I use Facebook to ask her friends if they can look in their phones and pass on her number to me? I can't call any of them to ask for her number because I don't know their numbers either. Will I look like a bad husband for asking FB friends to give me my wife's number? Do I want to publicly admit I don't know her number? (I think this blog may do that for me) Do I just go for the day without my cell phone? Did I mention I also left my wallet with the cell phone? I really have no idea what to do next. Whatever it is, I'm sure it won't be enough. Hello couch. You look like a great place to sleep tonight.